Monday 23 December 2013

Christmas: A time for family and friends (Part 2)

So I was talking about my family last time and by that I do not mean the family I created but the one I was born into. This time it is about the family I have created and my two best friends, this is the last post.

Thomas (My partner) - We have been together for about 8 years, obviously we have had ups and downs like any couple. We have been through funerals, weddings and lots of parties together. I wouldn't change it for the world, I love the fact we argue, it means we care (although it pisses me off at the time). No matter how irritating he gets (with singing obnoxiously) I will still love him, he can be very uncaring but also he can be very caring.

Joshua (My oldest) - He is 6... It's amazing how quick they grow and he has his own weird attitude, he can go from shy to just plain crazy. I have learnt a lot with Joshua that I hopefully wont do with Harry, like giving him sweets when he obviously doesn't deserve it. He is truly an amazing little boy, he might not be the smartest in his class but he has his own things he is good at! Like football!

Harry (My youngest) - He is 6 months, he has also grown far to quick and will need his 9-12 month clothes in the next few days! He is currently ill but he is still a VERY good child (I will never stop saying this: I am very lucky). Don't get me wrong, we have bad days and I haven't taken to motherhood as well this time. I don't feel like there is enough support as there was with Josh, maybe people just assume if you already have one that you know what your doing... each child is different so if you have friends who has kids but another one on the way - support them. Harry is super sweet though, you say boo and he laughs, you put Josh in front of him and he laughs!

In alphabetical order (I have no favourites because they are both really different)

Bee (Journeys are my Diary) - She is amazing, great at planning events and truly looks out for her friends (Although they do not give her the credit she deserves and probably take her for granted). We have known each other for a while but only became friends about 3/4 years ago? We got closer and then became best friends! I can't say I know EVERYTHING about her but I know a fair bit. I also feel honoured that we have never fallen out (Arguing with a friend is not good but fighting for a friend is - which she has done). People do take her the wrong way a lot or think she's pissed off when actually she is upset but me I just dive in and ask questions (what's the worse that can happen other than someone yelling at you? Which she has never done!) She forces me to try new things, like egg nog (yuck) and brussel sprouts (yuck but I got a candy cane for it!)

Hollie aka Momo (A Touch of Magic) - I have known her over 11 years and we hit it off straight away (I probably scared her into being my friend), I literally walked up to her and introduced myself with my full name and said we might as well be friends since we will be in this class for 2 years together. It worked! She knows a lot of random things about me and I her, we have had our ups and downs but made up in the silliest of ways (Want to play cards?) She changes her mind as quick as traffic lights and is really funny. People also take her the wrong way, either because she hasn't made it clear to what she means or she is quiet. She is very quiet but I don't see that side of her unless we are around a lot of people, when we are together we "bounce" off each other and laugh at stupid things.

I count these two as my family more than friends because they do so much for me and I love them! I can say I still do not feel very Christmassy and my mother has suggesting cooking, we will see. Today I have been making decorations with Joshua because that is what he wanted to do. I will leave it here for today, thanks for reading (if you got this far)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (who knows when I will next post!)

2 comments: